The Council for Anorian Public Health, (CAPH), is the public body responsible for establishing and improving the standards of medical care that protect the residents of Anor.
It's key missions are to: - Maintain a register of all healthcare professionals and ensure that they are properly qualified and competent to work in the Duchy of Anor.
- Set and maintain the high quality standards of training and ethical conduct for all Anorian healthcare professionals, as outlined in their professional code of practice, maintained by regular supervision.
- Seek to ever grow in knowledge and awareness of, and add to, ongoing medical research and education within the Duchy.
- Ensure that Anorian healthcare professionals are safe to practise by setting rules for their practice, confirmed by regular supervision. - Fairly investigate any allegations made against registered Anorian healthcare professionals who may not have followed the code.
Hierarchy The ranks will be as follows, in ascending order;
Herbalist The Herbalist, sometimes referred to as the 'village wise-womenn/menn' is the person most likely to be contacted by poorer people. The Herbalist provides primary care in rural areas and their therapies consist of herbs, home remedies and bloodletting.
Apothecarist The Apothecarist is a dispenser of drugs who would fulfil prescriptions by physicians, provide primary care in rural areas and spend their time gathering ingredients to create medicines.
Barber The Barber is beneath the Surgeon and perform simple duties such as bloodletting, cupping therapy, pulling teeth, lancing boils, examining teeth and shaving hair.
Surgeon The Surgeon is trained through apprenticeship resulting in a license to practice surgery, approved by the CAPH. They are superior to the Barber and often serve in a military capacity.
Physician The Physician is highly trained, often born of noble and wealthy classes. Typical education starts at an early age studying medical literature at the University of Anor and then contributing towards research. Following successful education, a license to practice the art of medicine is issued by the CAPH. Experienced physicians who wish to dedicate their careers to research and education may be known as a Professor of Medicine.
Master Physician The Master Physician coordinates the activities of the Council for Anorian Public Health, issues licenses and allocates resources throughout the duchy. The Master Physician is assisted by a range of clerks, scribes and other professions who work within the council.
CAPH Professional Code of Practice
All members of the CAPH must:
1. Be accountable by making sure each can answer for their actions or omissions.
2. Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and well being of those who use health and care services and their carers at all times.
3. Work in collaboration with their colleagues to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare, care and support.
4. Communicate in an open, and effective way to promote the health, safety and well being of citizens, and their carers, who use CAPH services.
5. Respect a citizen's right to confidentiality.
6. Strive to improve the quality of healthcare, care and support through continuing professional development
7. Uphold and promote professional treatment and care to all as necessary no matter their Tribe, background or status.
Public Health The Council for Anorian Public Health is tasked primarily with the prevention of disease, prolonging life and promoting health through organised efforts and informed choices of society, organisations and the grand council.
Research and Education The Council for Anorian Public Health is partnered with the University of Anor for the purposes of researching matters related to public health and well being. This includes passing on knowledge to the the future generations of physicians and researchers.
Primary Care The Council for Anorian Public Health is responsible for overseeing how primary and initial care is provided to the people of Anor in a safe and effective manner.
Secondary Care The Council for Anorian Public Health is responsible for overseeing how secondary care (necessary treatment for a short period of time for a brief but serious illness, injury, or other health condition) is provided to the people of Anor in a safe and effective manner.
Tertiary Care The Council for Anorian Public Health is responsible for overseeing how tertiary care (specialised care including advanced medical investigation and treatment) is provided to the people of Anor in a safe and effective manner.
Social Care The Council for Anorian Public Health is responsible for overseeing how social care is provided to the people of Anor in a safe and effective manner.
Field Medicine The Council for Anorian Public Health is partnered with the Anorian Guard for the purposes of coordinating the provision of diagnosis, treatment and investigation within a battleground or field hospital setting.
Administration and Management People who work directly for the Council for Anorian Public Health often assist the Master Physician with completing his appropriate responsibilities either within the CAPH headquarters or one of it's district offices.